The faculty and associated staff of the Psychology major at Brevard College strive to provide well-rounded, career-oriented, skills-based training in psychology within a liberal arts context. Students are guided toward entry into health care professions, support agencies, educational settings and applied fields, and have the opportunity to develop the skills and knowledge necessary to be successful in graduate level work.
Students are also encouraged to consider multiple perspectives toward the world in which they live and are encouraged to be active, engaged, tolerant and service-oriented citizens. Likewise, students are trained to be informed consumers of psychological information and services through a programmatic emphasis on psychological literacy and a fundamental understanding of psychological research and literature.
Students are offered a wide range of internship and research opportunities. Other features of the program include:
- An opportunity for a final full semester of internship in the field
- Early career exploration and preparation
- A vibrant Psychology Club
- Attending regional conferences to network and present research
- Frequent speakers who are employed in all fields of psychology