When you’re accepted into Brevard’s Institute for Women in Leadership (or IWIL), you’ll become part of a family. IWIL coordinators will support your individual goals and interests and push you to become a confident, passionate, well-rounded, and service-oriented leader. As a member of Brevard’s IWIL program, you’ll participate in special programs, exclusive classes, round-table discussions, presentations, films, meetings with community members, trips, and service projects - all while learning, growing, and even living alongside like-minded young women. Visit Brevard to meet IWIL coordinators and learn more about this special community.
Experiential Education Opportunities
- Live and develop a community with your IWIL peers in a residence hall.
- Enjoy a unique “three-tier” mentoring program which includes 1) being mentored by local adults, 2) being mentored by an upper-class IWIL woman, and 3) mentoring local middle school girls.
- Develop community-oriented projects with a professor’s help. A past project involved IWIL women interviewing domestic abuse victims, then working with a theater professor to turn the transcripts into a play.
Apply to IWIL
In addition to a complete admission application, please return the following to the admissions office:
- a complete IWIL Program Application
- a one page statement of interest in IWIL - essay questions are found on application
- 2 signed letters of recommendation addressed to the IWIL program