Experience theatre from every angle in Brevard’s Theatre Studies program. The Brevard College Theatre Department uses experiential learning strategies to personalize artistic training. Here, you will learn to synthesize your hands-on experiences into practical and marketable skills while working closely with faculty throughout your four years of study. Through strategic training, you will discover how to translate big ideas into meaningful action for your department and community. Our Theatre program offers study in acting, directing, theatrical design, and production, and provides the flexibility you need to specialize and define your artistic goals. Visit Brevard to meet your professors, see a show, and explore our facilities!
Theatre Studies majors receive a Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Theatre Studies with the option to add Teacher Licensure. A Minor in Theatre is also available.
* Theater Audition Dates are Saturday, November 16, 2013, Monday, January 20, 2014, Saturday, February 15, 2014, and Saturday, March 15, 2014.
- Recent students have interned with companies like HBO, Tennessee Repertory Theatre, Actor’s Theatre of Louisville, E! Network, Residential Photography and Video, and the Brevard Music Center.
- Use your experiences to build a resume or portfolio, and present your work at professional auditions and conferences like SETC, KCACTF, and URTAs.
- Thanks to guest-artist programs, students have opportunities to train and network with theatre professionals right here at BC!
- Spend your summers working in the field and earn credit! Our faculty aid students in preparing for internships and professional work in the summer that can be applied directly to your degree plan
A Theatre Studies degree from Brevard can lead to careers in a variety of fields. Meet a small sample of our alumni!
- Properties Master (Tennessee Repertory Theatre)
- Scenic Artist (Brevard Music Center)
- Properties Designer (Louisville Actor’s Theatre)
- Graduate Student in Make-up and Wig Design (NC School of the Arts)