The Loyalty Scholarship Fund
- The Loyalty Scholarship Fund is Brevard College’s unrestricted scholarship fund. With 99% of Brevard College students receiving financial aid to make their college education affordable, it is imperative that we be able to fund a significant portion of scholarship aid each year. This is our most pressing annual priority and you can rest assured that if you support the Loyalty Fund, 100% of your dollars are supporting student scholarships.
- Class gifts are one way that alumni express their gratitude for the education they received at Brevard College, as well as reinvest in their alma mater so current and future students can have that same experience. Class gifts support the Loyalty Fund, and reunion classes compete for a series of awards which are announced and presented during Homecoming. In addition to attendance awards, we will recognize the class with the largest class gift, and the class with the highest gift participation.
Enhance the Campus
- Capital funds are always needed to assist us with two of our most important issues: student recruitment and retention. The general appearance of our campus is critically important to prospective students as they visit campus when deciding where they will enroll. Additionally, having facilities that are modern and in good repair are essential to our currents students in their desire to remain at Brevard College.
Build the Endowment
- Build the Endowment. Endowments are held in perpetuity and invested for the long term, therefore these gifts ensure the College of critical future revenue. Endowment opportunities include scholarships, professorships, lectureships and/or programmatic support.
- “I wish I could do more.” This is what donors tell us all the time. A planned gift, or estate gift, could enable you to do just that. Planned gifts can be given through bequests, life income arrangements (such as charitable gift annuities and charitable remainder trusts), or gifts of life insurance or real estate. Because planned gifts can be complex, please call Susan Cothern, Vice President for Philanthropic Development, at (828) 884-8218 to schedule an appointment to discuss the vehicle(s) that will best meet your needs.