Counseling services at Brevard College, like our other wellness resources, are designed to provide students with opportunities for growth and development in their personal, academic, and professional pursuits. While each student and situation is different, counseling services can help with concerns like: academic pressures or difficulties, depression, low self-esteem, stress and/or anxiety, eating problems, substance abuse, loneliness, relationships, dating and sex, and career decisions.
- Individual counseling
- Emergency crisis counseling
- Mediation services
- Career and personality assessment
- Campus presentations
- Community education and awareness programs
- Referrals to community resources such as support groups, other professional counselors, treatment programs, and assessment
Location and Appointments
*Counseling services are located upstairs in the Stamey Wellness Center
- Individual sessions are usually scheduled on a weekly basis for 50 minutes each, Monday through Friday, from 9 to 5:30.
- For crisis or emergency situations after hours or on weekends, contact your Resident Assistant or Campus Security.
*Master level interns from local universities are also available to provide counseling support. We want to get to know you personally and help you navigate difficult college transitions by supporting, encouraging, and listening to you. All counseling services are free and confidential for any Brevard student.