When you’re planning your day in downtown Brevard, your only challenge will be deciding what to do first! Start your day off on the Scenic 276 South Fine Art and Craft Corridor, a 13-mile stretch of highway featuring art galleries, working and teaching studios, shops, and fresh local produce. Just a short walk downtown will take you to dinner at Marco Trattoria’s or local favorite Big Mike’s. End your night with live music at the Phoenix Lounge, or maybe a specialty gelato flavor at Kiwi Gelato’s. No matter what you choose to do here, Brevard’s charming downtown is sure to delight and entertain you and your family.
*Below is a list of some local eateries, entertainment, and lodging (including O.P. Taylor’s Toy Store!).
Downtown Brevard Eateries
- Falls Landing Restaurant, Marco Trattoria, Hobnob, The Square Root, Jordan Street Café, Dugan’s Irish Pub, Pescado’s Burritos, Big Mike’s, Hawg Wild Bar-B-Que, Sora, Mayberry’s Sandwich Shop, Bracken Mountain Bakery, Sunrise Cafe, Quotations, Brighter Day Coffee, Blue Ridge Bakery, Kiwi Gelato, Rocky’s Soda Shop & Grill, Dolly’s Dairy Bar, Downtown Chocolates
- Festivals: BANFF Film Festival (March), Assault on the Carolinas (April), The White Squirrel Festival (May), Brevard Music Center Summer Festival (June-August), The Mountain Song Festival (September), Forest Festival Days (October), Halloweenfest (October), Old Time Music Competition (October), Christmas Parade and Twilight Tour (December)
- Music: Porter Center for the Performing Arts, Brevard Music Center, Brevard Brewing Co., The Phoenix Lounge, Oskar Blues Brewery
- Art Galleries: 32 Broad Gallery and Framing, Drew Dean Gallery, Gallery on Main, Hollingsworth Gallery, The Glass Feather Studio Gallery, Local Color, Mud Dabbers, Number 7 Arts Co-op, Red Wolf Gallery, Scenic 276 Arts Corridor, Transylvania Community Arts Council
- Shopping: Theophilus, Baby Ink, O.P. Taylors, Continental Divide, Headwaters Outfitters, Hunters and Gatherers, DD Bullwinkles, Moose Tracks, Lilly T’s, Architectural Antiques, Diamond Rush Jewelers, Local Color, Gravy, Love’s Jewelry.
Hotels, Motels, and Bed & Breakfasts
- Hampton Inn Brevard, Sunset Motel, Holiday Inn & Suites, Rodeway Inn, Mount Toxaway Motels and Cabins, Bradley Creek Falls Mountain Lodging & Event Center, The Red House Inn, Key Falls Inn, The Inn on Main Street, The Sassy Goose B&B Resort, Boulder Ridge Bed and Breakfast, The Inn at Brevard, Bed and Breakfast on Tiffany Hill