Brevard’s general science program gives you a full spectrum of science and math education that allows for personal, academic, and professional growth. Our exceptional science and math professors immerse you in chemistry, physics, biology, and geology through hands-on, project-based classes, and often outdoor labs and experiments. Visit Brevard to start your career in science and to learn how you can couple your science degree with a teacher licensure.
- Develop a strong foundation in all the sciences - biology, chemistry, environmental science, geology and physics - and math.
- Explore exciting career opportunities in areas like medicine, dentistry, veterinary school, physical and occupational therapy, and science journalism.
- Choose from diverse and stimulating courses like “Environmental Chemistry,” “Evolutionary Biology,” and “Historical Geology.”
- Gain the academic training necessary to teach science in high school - and pair it with a Teacher Licensure for grades K-12.
- In preparation for grad school, you’ll research, produce, and present a senior project of your choice based in any of the sciences.
A General Science degree from Brevard can lead to careers in a variety of fields. Here’s a small sample of the positions currently held by BC General Science graduates:
- Secondary Science Teacher
“JR is extremely knowledgeable in his field and is such an interesting wealth of information. He made the subject so accessible to me that I didn’t ever want to miss class.”’
- current Brevard student