Brevard’s interdisciplinary and comprehensive Criminal Justice program goes beyond studying checks and balances. Here you’ll be challenged to connect the pieces - offenders, victims, and workers - and examine the justice system’s impact from every angle. Visit Brevard and meet your innovative professors to learn more about this unique program.
Criminal Justice majors receive a Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Criminal Justice. Minor in Criminal Justice is also available.
Students will also participate in the Police Academy at Blue Ridge Community College. Along with the Bachelor of Arts, students will graduate with a State certification as a law enforcement officer, ready for immediate employment.
- Join the Criminal Justice Club and participate in community service projects, social events, and educational seminars and workshops.
- Experience the current justice system during field trips to observe court, interview criminal justice practitioners, go on jail tours, and see K-9 law enforcement demonstrations.
- Practice your knowledge and get live feedback during simulated jury selection and court exercises.
- Explore career options early in your education, including local, state, and federal law enforcement, victim services, or juvenile delinquency and rehabilitation
A Criminal Justice degree from Brevard can lead to careers in a variety of fields. Meet some of our alumni:
- Employee of Transylvania County Sheriff’s Office
- United States Army
- Triple P America
- Employee of Osceola County Sheriff’s Office
- Target Corporation