Brevard’s Teacher Licensure program offers a hands-on approach to education that is above and beyond any traditional degree. Don’t just study elementary science - learn it by tracking Monarch butterflies. Don’t just memorize reading comprehension theory - apply it by working as a literacy tutor to struggling readers. Brevard’s professors take pride in preparing you to be an innovative, passionate, and equipped educator, no matter your concentration. Visit Brevard and meet with program coordinators to discuss the exciting possibilities!
- Service Learning places you in diverse settings such as Schenk Job Corps, Rise and Shine Freedom School, Boys and Girls Club, and El Centro.
- Field work gives you a glimpse of innovative school sites such as Expeditionary Learning School and Early College
- LEARN CHICAGO program offers immersion in English Language Learning and urban education.
- I-Pad Initiative prepares digitally savvy 21st century teachers.
- Discover student teaching opportunities in the surrounding county school systems early in your education.
A Teacher Licensure from Brevard can lead to careers in a variety of fields. Meet some of our alumni:
- Literacy Skills and Kindergarten teacher - Ghana, West Africa
- Exceptional Children’s teacher; Transylvania County Teacher of the Year
- Early College teacher; graduate assistant, MA student in Mathematics
- Elementary Teacher; founder of chess club
- Science Teacher and Soccer Coach
“Now that I’m in my own classroom, I still have Professors Burrows and Keiser sitting on my shoulder encouraging, supporting and guiding me: “Engage your students in reading, writing, and doing; include closure in your lesson plans, stay organized, it’s about project-based learning, it’s about growth mind set, and always remember to do your paperwork too.” “Thank you” to my Brevard professors for channeling my energy, passion, and creativity into a producitve, focused package.”
- Brevard Teacher Licensure graduate