Brevard’s Honors Program is not just a supplementary academic program - it’s a living and learning community dedicated to producing the next generation of prepared, innovative, creative, and thoughtful scholars and leaders. As a Brevard Honors student, you’ll take challenging classes and interactive enrichment seminars, but you’ll also expand your mind and experiences outside of the classroom through hands-on service projects, independent research, and cultural interactions. Visit Brevard and meet with the Honors Program Coordinator to learn more about your Honors opportunities!
Experiential Honors Opportunities
- Experience exclusive Honors enrichment seminars and courses, service projects, and cultural experiences.
- Live in Honors-themed housing with fellow Honors students as a freshman.
- Become part of a supportive and close-knit community on campus.
- Develop one-on-one mentoring relationships with faculty, both in and out of your field of expertise.
- Earn an “Honors” designation on your diploma and transcript, as well as recognition at graduation.
Incoming first year students with a 3.3 high school GPA or higher are encouraged to apply. In addition to your completed Brevard College admission application, please return the following to the admissions office:
- a complete Honors Program Application (an essay is included within the form)
- a signed letter of reference to the Honors Program from a teacher or faculty member
- transcripts and test scores
Please send your letter of reference to:
Brevard College Admissions
One Brevard College Drive
Brevard, NC 28712
*Current Honors students must maintain a minimum 3.30 GPA and take at least 19 hours of “H” designated hours during their time at BC.
Honors Student Resources