If you want to distinguish yourself on a medical or graduate school application, then Brevard’s Health Sciences program is the right fit for you. Our remarkable faculty provide you with hands-on experience, empower you to master biology, chemistry, and physics, and equip you with a competitive edge in your professional career. Visit Brevard to start your own success story.
Students receive a Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Health Science Studies. This program is designed for students who plan to enter programs in a variety of health care professions including dentistry, medicine, pharmacy, public health, physician assistant, physical therapy, sports medicine, and veterinary medicine.
- Collaborate with a complementary academic program like Chemistry, Ecology, Fitness Leadership or Biology to maximize your professional and competitive range.
- Choose and complete a career-related internship outside of your classroom for academic credit.
- Explore diverse careers like biomechanist, physician assistant, radiologist, pharmaceutical sales rep, dietician, or pathologist.
- Discover hands-on research opportunities at Brevard College and in the community.
A Health Science Studies degree from Brevard can lead to careers in a variety of fields. Here’s a small sample of the positions currently held by BC HSS graduates:
- The first HSS major graduated from Brevard in May 2003. Since then 81% of HSS graduates who’ve applied to graduate and professional programs have been accepted. This includes programs in dentistry, medicine, nursing, pharmacy, public health, physician assistant, physical therapy, and veterinary medicine.
- Physician Assistant
- Physical Therapist
- Registered Nurse