At Brevard, “Learn in Order to Serve” is more than just a motto - it’s a lifestyle. Our Office of Community and Service Initiatives is the cornerstone of Brevard’s campus-wide mission to make an impact on the school and community through student-led service. Here you can take part in awareness initiatives and events, go on service trips, serve at local homeless and domestic violence shelters, or work in a community garden - all while using your unique passions and skills to make a difference. Visit Brevard to meet the Director of Service Initiatives and learn more about your service opportunities!
- The Office of Community and Service Initiatives strives to create a welcoming, inclusive environment for learning and to provide opportunities for students, faculty, staff, and the community to engage in mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Promotes open dialogue and communication in order to challenge bias and expand cultural knowledge and appreciation
- Cultivates a culture of service at Brevard that extends into a life-long commitment for individuals, and creates and promotes meaningful opportunities that enhance learning through social action
Service Learning Opportunities
- Participate in specially themed awareness and service-learning weeks like Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week
- Discover unique ways you can contribute your talents or time to the community while gaining valuable volunteer experience. Meet with the Director or BC Serves (our student-led community service club) to learn how you can best serve your community.
- Join Pre-Serve, a service and leadership program for incoming freshmen. Pre-Serve is a 3-day community service program that introduces new students to the college and community and helps to acquaint them with fellow first-year students and upper class student leaders.
- Help plan, facilitate, and participate in frequent and exciting events (check them out at CSI Special Events)
- Stop by the office to explore a database filled with local non-profits and their volunteer needs. We also have service opportunities organized by academic study and personal interest.